Tango Results

Qatar stands up to Saudi, says not worried as it has $340 bn in reserves

Qatar stands up to Saudi, says not worried as it has $340 bn in reserves

Qatar stands up to Saudi, says not worried as it has $340 bn in reserves

Qatar has booked reserves of $ 340 billion, including sovereign wealth assets that could help Gulf countries overcome isolation by their powerful Arab neighbors, central bank governor Sheikh Abdullah Bin Saud al-Thani told CNBC .

“It is the credibility of our system, we have enough money to keep any kind of shock,” he said, told the news channel in an interview published Monday on its website.

Al Thani said the central bank had reserves of more than 40 billion dollars in gold, while the Qatar Investment Authority has 300 billion in reserves could liquidate.

Stocks declined Qatar and riyal was volatile in the spot market as Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt broke diplomatic relations with Qatar and transport June 5, which accuses of supporting terrorism. Dona denied the allegations.

“Qatar has already had a unique and exclusive system. We have established laws against all these types of terrorists,” Thani told CNBC. “We work with the IMF and other institutions to establish our laws, our audits and reviews.”

“We have no challenges, we welcome all those who study our books are open,” he added.

Al Thani said that although the central bank has seen some nonresident outlets, the amounts were not particularly significant.

“There’s more [money],” he said, confirming that the tickets outweighed the departures.

He said that long-term contracts in the oil and gas sectors showed no change.

The rating agency Moody’s Investors earlier this month has changed the outlook for Qatar’s credit rating from stable to negative citing economic and financial risks stemming from the ongoing conflict between Qatar and Saudi alliance.

Despite the fundamentals of the market, economists say Qatar’s largest global exporter of liquefied natural gas has taken a number of measures, including expected increases in gas production and new transportation routes to deal with the crisis.

Donald Trump Jr.’s Stunningly Incriminating Statement To The New York Times

Donald Trump Jr.'s Stunningly Incriminating Statement To The New York Times

Donald Trump Jr.’s Stunningly Incriminating Statement To The New York Times

Donald Trump Jr. made a potentially damaging report for the New York Times much, much worse.

The Times said Sunday that the president’s eldest son pledged to announce information about Hillary Clinton before meeting with a Russian lawyer missed the Kremlin at Trump Tower in New York on June 9, 2016.

As reporters Jo Becker, Matt Apuzzo and Adam Goldman explained, Trump Jr. motivation to accept the meeting “highlights the central issue in the federal investigation of the Kremlin interference in the presidential election if Trump’s campaign collusion with the Russians.

The gathering of the accounts represent the first public indication that at least part of the campaign were willing to accept Russian aid.

Paul Manafort, the president of the country at that time, and Jared Kushner, the son and adviser to President Donald Trump also attended.

Needless to say, the report looks bad for the president, although his private legal team at The Times that Trump did not participate did not even know of the meeting. Trump has a reading book going in situations like these: questioning the credibility of unidentified sources (five in this case) and crying, “false news”

But Trump Jr. took this strategy from the table with a very compromising first response.

“In a statement Sunday, Donald Trump Jr. said he had met the Russian lawyer, at the request of an acquaintance.

“Afterwards the compliments were exchanged,” she said, “the woman said she had information that people linked to Russia fund the Democratic National Committee and Clinton’s support.

His statements were vague, ambiguous and meaningless. No detail or supporting information was provided or even offered. It soon became apparent that he had no meaningful information.

“He said that the conversation was turned around by adopting Russian children and the Magnitsky Act, a US law that lists alleged Russian human rights abusers.

The law has so inflamed President Vladimir Putin that Russia responded by stopping the adoptions of Russian American children.

“” It became apparent to me that this was the real program claiming potentially useful information was a pretext for the meeting, “said Trump.

Read the last part again: “Potentially useful information requests were a pretext for the meeting.”

Trump Jr. confirmed that he entered the meeting pending receipt of information from the Russian lawyer that could harm Clinton. It is a breath of admission.

The rest of the statement Trump Jr. tries to minimize the value of what the lawyer actually said. The outcome of the meeting and its effect on the presidential race is important, of course, but it is quite different.

Trump Jr.’s attempt to obtain information from a Russian lawyer who could hurt Clinton seems likely to alarm investigators if the effort has been effective.

Mosul Loss Huge, But Not Deadly, Blow To ‘Caliphate’

Mosul Loss Huge, But Not Deadly, Blow To 'Caliphate'

Mosul Loss Huge, But Not Deadly, Blow To ‘Caliphate’

BAGHDAD: Mosul was the largest city of the “Caliphate” proclaimed by ISIS and its loss is a severe blow to the experience of the terrorist personnel, but not fatal.

The northern Iraqi city where ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi made his public appearance is only known in July 2014, announcing himself to the world as “caliph” during a Friday sermon in an old city mosque.

It took tens of thousands of Iraqi forces backed by Western warplanes and special forces nearly nine months to defeat the terrorists, who have left behind a heavily damaged city and exhausted the security forces.

In Mosul, a city that had a population of about two million three years ago, the “Caliphate” loses one of the main centers of administration and ISIS, one of the most powerful symbols of its power.

“This is a serious blow to ISIS’s prestige,” said David Witty, an analyst and retired US special forces colonel.

The resumption of Mosul, hailed as an important step towards the end of this unprecedented episode in the history of modern jihad is the latest in a long series of setbacks for ISIS.

At its peak, the terrorist group controls a territory the size of South Korea or Jordan and a population of more than 10 million. Now more than half of the land and three-quarters of the population have been lost.

And a major offensive in its other de facto capital, the Syrian city of Raka, is growing.

The group – with the motto “stays and grows” – does not conquer new areas around the core of its “caliphate” since 2015, has lost thousands of fighters and is less attractive to foreign terrorists than it once was.

The fall of Mosul further reduces the territorial contiguity of the so-called caliph, leaving more pockets of land in the power of ISIS completely isolated.

Still, analysts have warned that it is too early to declare victory.

“We should not see the resumption of Mosul in dead clothing for ISIS,” said Patrick Martin, an analyst in Iraq at the Institute for the Study of War, adding that the group “still maintains significant urban land” especially in Syria.

Even in Iraq, where terrorists have lost more ground and retain only seven percent of the territory they once had, declaring the caliphate death “implies that ISIS can not control the land and rule” It is said.

However, “if the security forces are not taking the necessary steps to ensure that the gains against ISIS will be sustained in the long run, whereas ISIS in theory could recover and rebuild urban land,” Martin said.

Trying to salvage the remains of the caliphate, the group is likely to intensify a transformation that has already begun to focus more resources on guerrilla attacks and attacks.

“In the short term in Iraq, ISIS with terrorism and insurgency instead of trying to openly control large areas,” Witty said.

Martin said that it was already a model of great result ISIS attacks of military setbacks.

The bombing of the deadliest in Baghdad in which more than 320 people died last year, came after terrorists have lost their iconic bastion of Falluja.

The group also organized a major attack on the Kurdoue-controlled Kirkuk command after launching an aggression against Mosul, which was the largest military operation in Iraq for years.

With its dream state on hold, ISIS must return to these types of attacks and do everything possible to deny any claim to the Iraqi government that has been eliminated.

“It’s very easy to see the next, and Iraq is likely to be plagued with insecurity in the next few years,” Witty said.

The scope of ISIS ideology continues to be one of the greatest threats to the world after three years foreign branches have grown far beyond the core of the “Caliphate” and thousands of foreign fighters are joining the battlefield with a return to home.

Visa for Jadhav’s mother: Sushma’s request to Aziz gets no response

Visa for Jadhav’s mother: Sushma’s request to Aziz gets no response

Visa for Jadhav’s mother: Sushma’s request to Aziz gets no response

Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj today expressed his dismay at the lack of courtesy shown by his Pakistani counterpart Sartaj Aziz, who does not even acknowledge his personal letter to a Pakistani visa for Kulbhushan Jadhav’s mother.

However, it was assured to M. Aziz that any Pakistani citizen who requests a medical visa to travel to India with his recommendation will receive the visa immediately.

In a series of tweets, Ms. Swaraj said: “I have my sympathies to all Pakistani citizens seeking a visa to receive medical treatment in India.

All we need is your recommendation for granting a medical visa to Pakistani citizens. ”

He said a visa application was pending for the Indian citizen Avantika Jadhav who wants to meet his son in Pakistan.

“I wrote a personal letter to Mr. Sartaj Aziz for the granting of a visa to Pakistan. However, M. Aziz has not shown the same courtesy to acknowledge my letter,” she wrote.

Jadhav, 46, was detained by Pakistan in Baluchistan province reticent last year. He was sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court charged with espionage and terrorism.

Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan’s Sartaj Aziz in series of blistering tweets

Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan's Sartaj Aziz in series of blistering tweets

Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan’s Sartaj Aziz in series of blistering tweets

NEW DELHI: Union Minister Sushma Swaraj used strong words Monday to beat the head of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan, Sartaj Aziz, for not having “the same courtesy to recognize” his letter asking him to grant a visa to the mother of Kulbhushan Jadhav.
Jadhav is the national of India on the death row in Pakistan.

Comments by Foreign Minister Swaraj, mainly aimed at eliminating the air after the Pakistani media had said last week that India had denied medical visas to the people of this country,

On Twitter, Swaraj said it is Aziz Pakistanis who require immediate medical care can come to India. He assured Pakistan that India is pleased to offer medical visa and hopes that Aziz “is a consideration for the citizens of his country.”

The Chancellor emphasized that recently amended rules stipulating that Pakistanis wanted a visa for emergency medical treatment should receive a letter from Aziz.

“But I assure you that Pakistani citizens seek a medical visa with a recommendation from Mr. Sartaj Aziz, who will issue the visa immediately,” Swaraj said.

The minister spoke of how India also has a pending visa application “for an Indian citizen, Ms. Avantika Jadhav, who wants to meet her son in Pakistan.”

It takes a heartbeat to realize that it speaks of the mother of Kulbhushan Jadhav, the Indian citizen sentenced to death by a military court in Pakistan with the claim “espionage.”

Swaraj said, as the letters that Aziz must write for medical visa, he also a “personal letter” to the visa Avantika Jadhav wrote.
“However, M. Aziz has not shown the same courtesy to acknowledge my letter,” he said.

Pakistani media reported last week that the Indian embassy in Pakistan denied the visa of a woman with cancer who had come to India for treatment.

The woman, Faiza Tanveer in several tweets in recent days urged Swaraj to intervene. It looks like he had Swaraj.

Scroll To Top